Monday, August 11, 2014

Reading List, Week of 2014-08-10



Reading List 2014-08-11:

*King, Stephen. Mr. Mercedes (started/finished)
*Barth, John. The Tidewater Tales (reread/in progress)
*Thomson, David. Moments That Made the Movies (in progress)

I'm about halfway through rereading The Tidewater Tales, which longtime readers of my blog may recall is on my ostensible reading plan list. Yes, I am still thinking about my reading plan, and am slowly but surely sticking to parts of it. And I have to say, I'm glad I am, because Tidewater Tales is one of John Barth's most delightful novels. As I've written elsewhere, Barth's voice is a friendly one, and when he's spot-on, as he is here, there's no better story storyteller (and yes, that repetition is on purpose: Barth is a great storyteller of stories about stories, and stories of stories).

No comments:

Post a Comment