Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My Musical Life, part 1



Here's a little background about my life as a musician. I've been playing drums since 1969. From 1969 to around 1972 or '73 I played in a rock band called the Martin band, or just Martin. Around 1977 I started trying to play sax and failed miserably so I switched back to drums. From 1977 to around 1982 I played experimental music with my brother Jeff, then in 1983 along with Roger Kern we started a band called Tad Thaddock, which lasted until around 1986. We played a fair amount in Richmond Va., mostly at the Main Street Grill, and we released two cassettes.

From 1987 to 1988 I played drums for The Office Ladies. We put out an album called Brains in Bed, Brains and Boots, No Boots in Bed on New Alliance (cover above, by Jeff). Then I moved to Boston. More later!

2 comments: